I’ve been working on extracting, collecting, marshaling and visualizing data related to the Oakland Police Department for more than three years now, and find my documentation of these efforts here on rikiWiki needs some reorganization!
I’ll keep a list of my most recent activities here:
- Visualizing discretionary stops by the Oakland Police Department (July, 2016)
- Analysis of a neighborhood intervention (April, 2014)
- Reactions to the 2015 Code For America Summit meeting (October, 2015)
- ShowCrime! a django-based visualization of OPData (May, 2015)
- Evaluating CrimeMapping.com, again (March, 2014)
- Changes in OPD crime reporting standards (January, 2015)
- Different beats, different types of crime(June, 2013)
- Classifying types of crime in OPData (June, 2013)
- A summary presentation to OpenOakland (17 June 2014)
I’ve also collected older posts on a separate page.