This version of the OPD crime data set should be the last ad hoc publication; from now on I intend to publish a new one approximately every month. This version captures Oakland Police Department department data for the period 2007 – Mar’14. The number of unique case IDs (NumberCID) is 486663 and the number of indicents associated with these (NIncid) is 805187. Three formats are available:
- OPD_140403.csv.zip (23.2 MB, zipped) comma separated with a header line showing these fields:
- Idx, OPD_RD, OIdx, Date, Time, CType, Desc, Beat, Addr, Lat, Long, UCR, Statute, CrimeCat
- OPD_140403_5.json(19.8 MB zipped) JSON for a dictionary
- cid – > [date,time,beat,addr,lat,long, [ctype,desc,ucr,statute,cc]+ ]
- OPD_140403.db.zip (34.1 MB zipped) a SqlLite database created via
- CREATE TABLE INCIDENT (incididx int, rd text, date text, beat text, addr text, lat real, long real)
- CREATE TABLE CHARGE (chgidx int, rd text, rdchgidx int, ctype text, desc text, ucr text, statute text, crimeCat text)
Note that only the JSON version is available here.
For the CSV or SQLITE versions, go to data.OpenOakland.org. This is a CKAN site,with issues.. Let me know if you have troubles getting it and we’ll work something else out.
UPDATE 2 May 14: It seems data.OpenOakland.org will be broken for some time. I have put (compressed) JSON, SQLite and CSV files for this 140403 distribution under the data directory of my OakCrime Github project. I’ll continue to put monthly snapshots there until further notice.